- Edinburgh Tram Extension to Newhaven January 24, 2021
Work on the extensions to the tram network are well underway so follow links to the project web site for more information.
- Re-engineering rail freight January 15, 2021
Notice of interesting forthcoming meeting of IMechE Railway Division Scotland, courtesy of the Secretary.
- Is Pay-as-you-Drive the future? December 28, 2020
Reform Scotland, the independent, non-partisan think-tank, has called for a revolution in how Scotland pays for its roads
- Rail Travel during Covid-19 December 28, 2020
Rail Travel during the pandemic may well have been underestimated.
- Flyby Videos of old Edinburgh Railways June 27, 2020
Here are some flybys of old Edinburgh railways mapped onto a modern map of Edinburgh
- More ambitious vision needed for Edinburgh to achieve modal shift March 16, 2020
The ‘Keeping Edinburgh Moving’ report sets out a more ambitious vision for a public transport network in our city designed to deliver that vital modal shift away from car use.
- TransPennine Express Timetables now Available November 25, 2019
Timetables are now available for TransPennine Express showing, among others, trains running from Liverpool to Edinburgh
- Virgin Trains hand over WCML after 22 years November 25, 2019
On 8th December 2019 Virgin Trains will hand over their operations on the West Coast Mainline to the West Coast Partnership
- Azuma Trains at Waverley August 2, 2019
Azuma special event at Waverley Station on 31 July 2019
- CRAG’s response to consultation on “The Future of Waverley Station”, 26 April 2019 April 29, 2019
Our template is Hamburg Hauptbahnhof (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamburg_Hauptbahnhof) – with all platforms being through running and with two major overbridges running across those running lines enabling passengers to access their desired platform in sequential order. These overbridges can also carry shops and other passenger facilities. The Calton tunnels should also be both re-doubled – they constitute an ... Read more